Coonley shows its giving spirit every day – inside our school and community, and beyond. Coonley Cares highlights opportunities for students, parents and staff to show Coonley love through kindness, community-building efforts and service projects, and through fundraisers that support fellow Chicago Public School students in need throughout the city. Any questions, email: email@example.com.
Since its inception in 2017, Coonley Cares has supported the following efforts:
- Books and supplies for Reilly Elementary School's library
- Foundations of Music, a local organization that serves more than 7,000 students in more than 30 underserved CPS schools who may not otherwise be exposed to music education
- Coat Angels, providing warm winter gear to our friends at Nash Elementary
- Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE), an organization that engages students, inspires teachers, and demonstrates impact by weaving visual, digital, and performing arts into classrooms across Chicago.
- Common Pantry/"I am Your Neighbor" providing emergency food and social services to our neighbors in need
- MUSIC Inc,, providing K-12 tuition-free instrumental music programs and on-site programming in Chicago schools and community centers
- Embarc, a program that provides community-driven, experienced-based learning opportunities to low-income High School students to inspire and prepare them for college and career success.