Coonley shows its giving spirit every day – inside our school and community, and beyond. Coonley Cares highlights opportunities for students, parents and staff to show Coonley love through kindness, community-building efforts and service projects, and through fundraisers that support fellow Chicago Public School students in need throughout the city. Any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In December of 2022, Coonley Cares announced a multi-year partnership with Nash Elementary School and Children’s First Fund. This partnership launches a new model for the School Partnership Program (SPP) from Children First Fund: the Chicago Public Schools Foundation, matching two CPS schools to develop a personalized relationship that helps enhance education for both communities. Throughout the year, students will have the option to attend joint field trips and social events. Parents will meet for enrichment programs and education sessions, and teachers and staff can share best practices and joint professional development opportunities. The hope is for these two communities to build an enduring 1:1 relationship, expanding connections across the larger Chicago and CPS community. In addition to building relationships and experiences, Coonley Cares has committed a financial obligation benefitting Nash Elementary.
Since its inception in 2017, Coonley Cares has supported the following efforts:
- Books and supplies for Reilly Elementary School's library
- Foundations of Music, a local organization that serves more than 7,000 students in more than 30 underserved CPS schools who may not otherwise be exposed to music education
- Coat Angels, providing warm winter gear to our friends at Nash Elementary
- Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE), an organization that engages students, inspires teachers, and demonstrates impact by weaving visual, digital, and performing arts into classrooms across Chicago.
- Common Pantry/"I am Your Neighbor" providing emergency food and social services to our neighbors in need
- MUSIC Inc,, providing K-12 tuition-free instrumental music programs and on-site programming in Chicago schools and community centers
- Embarc, a program that provides community-driven, experienced-based learning opportunities to low-income High School students to inspire and prepare them for college and career success.